While thinking I was done with my installation, seems I was wrong, while working with HPCM, I wanted to test “design aggregation”, and found this:

JavaFX

Hopefully I get it before Friday, keep you posted.

So look at it again and found something I found funny – as when you read the following note from Oracle Doc ID 1608746.1. Now they say that if you want to obtain JavaFX go here. No linux edition here. So then you have a look at the asconsole.jnlp and see this:
easconsole_jnlp

Why is all this win reference jumping out now? 😀

So no news…in this case is not good news.

Better late than never. I got to install the new version of HP. Still not patched but that will be my next step. For now I got this:

In the installation I used: CentOS 5.11 and Oracle DB 12c.

Kernel info (you will be able to see it in the validation, later on as well):
CentOS511

The uninformed surprise (as I did not prep on the new things in the DB, this bit was much a surprise – both positive and negative one):
DB_EM_Express

I was surprised how easy the Hyperion bit was. Install was pretty much as always Next, next, next…and the configuration, tho I did it in few iterations, was very simple and without any pain.

Validation (“Green…green everywhere”):
validation

At this point I had to see a new application in the system…as seeing EAS empty made me a bit sad.

HCSample seemed a good idea. At this point I wanted to see LCM error, before all else. So imported CalcMng before just to see it error:
LCM_Errors

Sounds correct…I did try to trick you CalcMgr. Now importing “module” per module works. But did they somehow improve the import process? Almost…almost

LCM_RAF

…2min later. Did I configure FR even? Nop 😀

Okey. Lets try this again. Delete existing app and rules…just in case DS as well, so at least I know I started with a clean environment.

And ta-da:
LCM_All_In

After further check – still had to create a FR connections (5 in this case).
The FR book still does not work as expected.

On further note it all good looked in Planning (& FR), until I tried to look into CalcMgr.
CalcMgr
Turns out only some parts got imported. Reimport on it’s own and much more artifacts are present now.

Last though on this point:
– As for now I would still NOT recommend importing the whole starter kit in one go…at least from this experience.
– I’m using 8Gb on my Virtual Machine, running DB and WebLogic and Hyperion and it’s not slow – so kudos*.

*For Reference
Resources